welcome to owls' class page
Class Teacher: Mrs Pettitt
Higher Level Teaching Assistant: Mrs Carter
our learning in SUMMER term 2
This half term our topic is Nurturing Nurses. This is a history based topic where we will be talking about Florence Nightingale and the influences she had on nursing and the battle
Please see our Long Term Plans for more details of the subjects taught through our topic
Multiplication & Division
- To find double and half of an amount
- To add equal groups
- To share a total equally between a set number of groups
- To share a total equally and find the number of groups
- To explore arrays
- To build on previous understanding of halves and quarters of quantities
Capacity & Volume
- Direct comparison of the capacity of two containers
- Indirect comparison of capacity using non-standard units
- Comparison of volume, visually (in identical containers) and using non-standard units
- Applying understanding of halves and quarters to capacity
- Introducing standard units of measure (litres)
- Exploring difference by comparing lengths and volumes (two lessons)
- Applying measuring skills in a real-life context
- Using the stages of Talk 4 Writing to plan and write our own stories about a healing potion.
Spelling and Grammar
- continuing our Rocket Spelling Challenges, spelling tricky words correctly in dictated sentences
- Practising checking our spellings and purple polishing our work.
- Using full stops at the end of our sentences.
- Making predictions based upon what we have read.
- Recognising when we have made mistakes in our reading and rereading to correct them.
- Talking about word meanings.
- identify and name a variety of common wild and garden plants, including deciduous and evergreen trees
- identify and describe the basic structure of a variety of common flowering plants, including trees.
- Observe closely, using simple equipment.
- Perform simple tests.
- Identify and classify.
- Use observations and ideas to suggest answers to questions.
- Gather and record data to help in answering questions.