Persevere, Shine, Be Happy Value ourselves and others * Be proud of our achievements Never, never, never give up!
|Come and have fun in our interactive classroom.
||Read your favourite Oxford Reading Tree books online.
||Come on a magical adventure and practise your phonics and reading skills.
||Play fun games, watch clips, sing songs and make things with your favourite CBeebies characters and shows.
||Scan the class QR code and add your work to your student story.
welcome to robins' class page
Class Teacher: Miss Cole
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Bland-Ward & Mrs Banner
our learning in Summer Term 1
Our Topic is: people Who Help Us
In Literacy we will be:
- Writing lists of people who help us in school
- Reading non fiction books on people who help us
- Using the information I find in the non-fiction books to write about peoples jobs.
- Wriitng instructions on how to be a person who helps us
- Writing a witness statement
- Reading sentences of jobs people who help us do
- Using a capital letters and full stops when writing sentences
- Learning the sounds er, ng, nk, or, ay, oy in phonics
- Making a poster about "what I want to be when I grow up".
- writing a letter for the 'Jolly Postman'
In Physical Development we will be:
- Having a gymnastic coach to teach us basic ' gymnastic movements'
- Talking about the importance of a healthy diet and what foods we need to eat to be healthy.
- Designing a healthy meal
- Discussing ways to keep safe in school and at home, how to move Equipment Safely
In Maths we will be:
- Counting within 30, 40 and 50
- Saying what is one more and fewer within 50
Estimating the lengths of objects, comparing and ordering lengths
Measuring objects using non standard units
Comparing the capacities of objects and using language about capacity
Comparing the weights of objects and using language about weight
Understaning the concept of equal groups
Exploring grouping objects in tens and counting in tens to find the total
Exploring counting in groups of five
- Sharing quantities into two equal groups
In Expresive arts we will be
- Changing our role play area into a 'police station
- Creating our own finger prints and exploring them usign magnifying glasses
- Dressing up and acting out people who help us
- Singing song about people who help us
- Making a portrait of somebody who helps us
- Using puppets to act out people who help us
In PSED will be
- Listening to a visitor from the community talk about his job role
- Asking questions to the visitor about his role
- Talking about ways to stay safe in the home and when out, stranger danger, car safety, the green cross code, safety near water
In Communication and Language we will be
In Undertanding of the world we will be: