Multiplication and Division
- To find double and half of an amount
- To add equal groups
- To share a total equally between a set number of groups
- To share a total equally and find the number of groups
- To explore arrays
- To build on previous understanding of halves and quarters of quantities.
Capacity and Volume
- To name coins and notes and understand their value
- To represent the same value using different coins
- To understand how to use money in a real-life context
- To exchange money for items
- To solve addition and subtraction word problems using money
- To find change from given amounts
Writing - Narrative
- writing narrative pieces based on our class text The Rainbow Fish
Writing - Non Fiction
- writing non-fiction texts relating to our topic and Science work.
Writing - Poetry
- writing some poetry based on our class text The Rainbow Fish
Spelling and Grammar
- progressing through our Rocket Spelling Challenges, spelling tricky words correctly in dictated sentences
- continuing to learn different spelling strategies to help us learn new words
- Practising checking our spellings and purple polishing our work.
- Using punctuation like full stops, exclamation marks and question marks more consistently.
- Adding suffixes to verbs such as -ed for past tense and -ing for present tense.
- Adding -er and -est to adjectives.
- reading non-fiction texts related to our topic on artists and art
- reading non-fiction texts about plants and living things in Science
- enjoying our School Library and Class Reading Area
Identify and name a variety of common animals including fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals.
Identify and name a variety of common animals that are carnivores, herbivores and omnivores.
Describe and compare the structure of a variety of common animals (fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals, including pets)
- Identify, classify and describe their basic structure.
- Observe and describe growth and conditions for growth.